Osteo for Neck and Back Pain
Back pain is one of the most common medical problems, and unfortunately it can be among the most difficult and frustrating problems for patients and their doctors.
Understanding the cause of your back pain is the key to proper treatment. This is where your local Osteopath can help. Patients are assessed from a mechanical, functional and postural standpoint. With the manual methods of treatment applied to suit the needs of the individual patient.
Why am I in pain?
Unless there has been a specific trauma, e.g. from a car accident, fall, or sporting injury, problems in adulthood generally tend to be a result of stresses that have accumulated over the years, until the body's compensatory mechanisms begin to breakdown.
Your muscles and joints effectively go on strike, in protest over the pressure they have been subjected to, often for quite a prolonged period of time.
What will your Osteopath do?
Your osteopath will complete a thorough case history and examination. They will then explain in detail:
- How osteopathy can help you
- What is wrong and which muscles, joints or nerves are causing your pain
- Why it has happened
- What treatment you require
- Provide you with a treatment plan with milestones to help measure your progress
- Refer you for further investigation if required such as GP's, X-Ray, Podiatrist etc.
- How many sessions they think it will take to relieve the pain and resolve the problem
- What you can do to speed your recovery
- The things you must do to avoid prolonging or aggravating the injury
- What can be done, through treatment and management, to ensure the problem does not re-occur